Care and Maintenance of PICC LinesSAVE!! BUNDLE ALERT!!
This course is part of the the Care & Maintenance Bundle
Total price for all 7 courses included in the bundle is ONLY $360.
A savings of 40%!!
Insertion of a peripherally inserted central catheter is only half the battle. PICCs must be aseptically cared for and maintained if they are to be of continued use throughout the entire prescribed therapy. Also, proper care and maintenance allows for early detection of any complications that may arise.
- Thorough site assessment
- Flushing the PICC
- Proper dressing changes
- Blood sampling from the PICC
- Declotting the PICC
- PICC removal
- Describe procedures for care of the PICC
- Explain the declotting procedure associated with PICCs
- Flush a PICC using proper flushing technique
- Explain the importance of daily site assessment
- Complete a dressing change
- Explain how to remove a PICC
The program includes a manual which can be downloaded for future reference. Successful completion of the post-test with a score of 80% or higher is necessary to receive continuing education credits for this program.
REMINDER!! This course is part of the the Care & Maintenance Bundle
Click on link to save 40%!
NOTE: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15304 Continuing Nursing Education also provided through Florida Board of Nursing, Provider # 50-1594