Step by Step Ultrasound Guided PICC InsertionSAVE!! THIS COURSE OFFERED IN 3 $AVINGS BUNDLES!
5 courses / $475 (47% Savings!)
5 courses / $440.00 (30% Savings!)
4 courses / $545.00 (25% Savings!)
Scanning with ultrasound before placing a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) permits the identification of vein abnormalities and allows the clinician to choose the best available insertion site or, if indicated, avoid catheter placement in the upper extremities altogether. Learning to use ultrasound to aid critical thinking for vein selection is the essence of this program. In this course we focus on ultrasound use for PICC placement at the bedside, specifically vessel identification and visualization to aid needle access, thereby eliminating the need for 'blind sticking'. Developing scanning techniques that take full advantage of the technical and clinical benefits of bedside ultrasound is the goal of all health care professionals inserting vascular access devices. After learning to locate and identify veins using ultrasound, we highly recommend an advanced course that teaches how to assess these vessels using ultrasound.
- A basic review of how an ultrasound unit works
- An overview of vein anatomy in the upper arm
- A review of ultrasound scanning terms and movements
- Instruction for holding a needle during ultrasound insertion
- Holding a probe for ultrasound scanning
- Observing the needle tip on an ultrasound screen
- Tracking the needle tip with the probe
- Step by step procedures to perform an ultrasound guided PICC insertion
- Tips and tricks for successful ultrasound guided insertions
Please note: While a brief overview of ultrasound in general is provided, this course assumes you have a general knowledge of the ultrasound unit and have already completed the Basic PICC Qualification Course. Please refer to our Inserting Piccs with Ultrasound program if you are not familiar with ultrasound technology and the Basic PICC Qualification course for comprehensive PICC training. This program teaches the step by step procedures necessary to perform an ultrasound insertion using the Modified Seldinger Technique.
NOTE: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15304 Continuing Nursing Education also provided through Florida Board of Nursing, Provider # 50-1594