Pathway To PICC Certification (CPUI)
Become a Certified PICC Ultrasound Inserter (CPUI). This is a pathway to grow your career as a vascular access specialist. Whether beginner or qualified PICC inserter, take the next steps to raise your qualifications to Expert, then maintain those qualifications through renewal and experience.
Purchase Now! CPUI Program
Purchase CPUI Renewal
Step #1: BECOME PICC QUALIFIED*
- Complete the required education (in a class or online) CPUI Certification Path
- Perform a supervised simulated insertion
- Perform clinical precepted insertions on patients, establishing competency as documented by your preceptor (Competency Assessment form)
- Gain your education through the online Beginner Insertion Bundle or PICC Workshops.
*PICC Excellence PICC qualification and PICC Certification (CPUI) are based on SHEA recommendations, INS Standards and CDC guidelines regarding PICC training, precepted insertions on patients and need to establish procedural competence.
Step #2: Gain PICC Insertion Experience
Programs to Deepen Your Knowledge
- Establish competency with supervised insertions
- Perform 24 or more unsupervised insertions in a clinical setting
- Suggested education:
- Safe IV Patient Care
- PICC Site Assessment