The educational programs included in our Insertion Training category include all programs providing instruction for an actual insertion procedure including PICC insertions and ultrasound-guided PIV insertions.
Programs classified as Insertion Training Programs include:
• Basic PICC Qualification Training (8.0 CE) – For the clinician just learning to insert PICCs. The Basic PICC Qualification Training program is a comprehensive program that teaches everything the clinician needs to know to begin inserting PICCs independently.
• Pediatric PICC Insertion Training (8.0 CE) – For the pediatric/neonate clinician just learning to insert PICCs. This is a comprehensive training program that teaches how to perform PICC insertions in the pediatric/neonate population.
• Inserting PICCs with Ultrasound (4.5 CE) – This program is best used in conjunction with the Basic PICC Qualification Training program. It teaches the use of ultrasound guidance during a PICC insertion and includes an actual insertion, from patient consent to application of a sterile dressing.
• PIV-Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Catheter Insertion (2.0 CE)-This is a new and innovative program which teaches the use of ultrasound guidance for the placement of PIVs. The program reviews the when and why of ultrasound guided PIV placement.
• Vascular Access Device Selection(1.0 CE) This is a new program discussing various vascular access devices, the circumstances for which each device is chosen as well as various considerations and limitations.
• EKG/Terminal Tip Positioning Systems for CVCs(2.0 CE) – Use EKG tip confirmation over conventional X-ray confirmation. Faster, Cost savings, patient safety and accuracy are all achieved with EKG tip confirmation.
All programs require the successful completion of a post-test exam prior to receiving continuing education credits.