We currently have six Ultrasound Training programs available for purchase online. These programs provide education for everyone, from the beginner inserter who needs to learn the basics of ultrasound through the advanced inserter who has been using ultrasound for vein location and now desires to learn advanced assessment techniques for vein selection.
Programs classified as Ultrasound Training Programs Include:
• Inserting PICCs with Ultrasound (4.5 CE)-This program is for the clinician who is currently placing PICCs but is not currently using ultrasound. This video based program teaches the basics of ultrasound from what it is and how to use it through an actual insertion.
• Advanced Ultrasound Assessment (3.5 CE)-This program is for the clinician who is already using ultrasound to locate veins for access. In this program, the experienced clinician learns how to use ultrasound to assess the veins and then select the vein which provides the best success rates and patient outcomes for the duration of therapy.
• Understanding the Basics of Ultrasound (1.0 CE)-This webinar-based program is for the clinician who has no experience or knowledge of ultrasound. It starts with the basics of what ultrasound is and how it works and teaches the clinician how to use the knobs and buttons on the machine to create a clear screen image. It also teaches the various probe movements necessary for vein location and assessment.
• Ultrasound Tips and Tricks (1.0 CE)- This webinar-based program is for those clinicians who already have a general knowledge of ultrasound but would like more tips to increase their success rates for vein access.
• Step by Step Ultrasound Guided Insertion (1.0 CE)- This webinar based program is for clinicians who are already familiar with how to operate the ultrasound unit and are ready to learn how to use ultrasound to guide their PICC insertion procedure.
•PIV-Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Catheter Insertion (2.0 CE)-This is a new and innovative program which teaches the use of ultrasound guidance for the placement of PIVs. The program reviews the when and why of ultrasound guided PIV placement.
All programs require the successful completion of a post-test exam prior to receiving education credits.