Vascular Access Device Selection
A vascular access device provides a means to safely administer medications to a patient for the duration of therapy.
In this program, we:
• Define and outline two specific goals for device selection
• Provide a quick review of the various types of vascular access devices available on the market
• Discuss under which circumstances each device is chosen as well as various
considerations and limitations
• Review and discuss the seven factors to consider for each and every patient prior
to the selection of a vascular access device
• Take a detailed look at the decision process required when selecting a vascular access device
based on prescribed therapy and various patient conditions and factors
This program includes a manual which can be downloaded for future reference. Successful completion of the post-test with a score of 80% or higher is necessary to receive continuing education credits for this program.