CPUI Purchase Program ….. $245.00
The Certified PICC Ultrasound Inserter (CPUI) credentials (PICC Certification™ Program) provide the vascular access clinician validation of a higher level of knowledge and practice in the field of PICC placement. Certification is a process by which an association grants recognition to an individual who has met predetermined standards specified by that association or agency. The CPUI™ does NOT verify competency; rather, PICC Excellence™ is certifying that the candidate has met certain standards of knowledge and training specific to PICCs as a credentialing process.
How it Works
After registering for the CPUI™ program, a packet of information is mailed from PICC Excellence™ including:
• Application for CPUI PICC Certification™ – requests personal information (name, address, etc. ) and requires a copy of a professional license.
• Verification of PICC Experience – requires a record of PICC training history, PICC experience and a list of courses and conferences the candidate has attended and received CE credit. This form requires a notarized signature by an employer or supervisor attesting to the validity of the information and the candidate’s identity.
• Supervised Insertion Competency Checklist – requires the candidate to perform a supervised insertion allowing the preceptor to assess specific step-by-step procedures to ensure candidate is following current guidelines as established by INS and CDC. Both the preceptor and candidate must sign the form upon completion of the assessment.
• Checklist of forms – lists all required forms for submission before application can be processed. This form requires signature of the applicant attesting to the fact that all forms are valid, true, accurate and are an honest representation of the information provided.
• PICC Certification™ Study Manual – this is the manual the candidate can use as a study guide prior to taking the 200 question certification exam.Pages: 1 2